Monday, November 10, 2014

Obamacare, Obamacare, How lovely are thy INCREASES!

We have Obamacare.  I am participating in a program I do not wish to.  We have never been able to afford health insurance.  We have always been in the middle.  We made too much to qualify for any type of government aid (how silly of us to actually work for a living!) and we have never made enough to purchase our own health insurance.  Enter Obamacare.  We really can't afford that either, but what we would pay is cheaper than the penalty for not having it.  So, I signed up.  On the government-ran website.  Which was a total fiasco. 
We have had this for several months.  The amount I pay is $135 per month, based on our income of course.  We can't really afford that, but we have done it anyway.  So last week I received a letter stating that my premium will now increase to $192 per month.  No reason for the increase, just letting me know it will be going up.  So the  $135 I can't afford will now be $192 I can't afford.  Great.  Thanks so much for thinking of me.  Thanks so much for increasing gas prices, groceries, etc. AND for increasing my health insurance premium.  I so look forward to spending more than I make each month. 
But don't you worry about me.  Unlike the government, I will make other adjustments to my life.  We will be having more beans and rice because they are still affordable.  And I will smile politely as I stand behind the person in the checkout line who is buying steaks, and name-brand groceries and proudly whipping out their food stamp card to pay.  I'll just take my beans and potatoes home and my generic brand groceries home and do just fine. 
I'll just keep right on getting up at 5:00 a.m., and working 10 hours a day so those wonderful welfare people can use my tax dollars to get all their free stuff, because I don't want them to be stressed out about the fact that they are not working.  I don't want them to have to get up earlier than they want to and go to a job, and I don't want them to stop having children for me to take care of. 
They say you can't take it with you, and rest assured, I won't have anything to take.  Oh, America, where have you gone. Land of the FREE - was that referring to the deadbeats of society?

No comments:

Post a Comment