Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Muslim Holiday...In America?

(Image credit WNBC)

So some think we would observe Muslim holidays?  I can hardly believe this!  First, America is NOT a muslim country.  Second, YOU came HERE.  If you don't like America's customs and holidays, GO HOME! 

America is largely a Christian nation.  There are many religions observed by our citizens, and as far as I know, Christmas is the only Christian holiday observed, and as commercialized as it has become, I am not even sure I would label it a Christian holiday at this point in time. 

If you want to live in OUR country, fine.  If you want to be muslim, fine.  But don't expect OUR country to recognize YOUR country's holidays.  If you want to be sure you are off work for religious holidays, move back to YOUR country!

And speaking of religion, except for Satanism, all other religions observed by United States citizens are religions that teach kindness, love and compassion for others.  YOUR religion teaches hate, violence and killing.  You think we want to observe those characteristics?  Guess again!

I would not expect to move to Iran or Afghanistan and throw a fit because this largely muslim country doesn't let me have the day off for a Christian holiday.  (And I would probably be imprisoned or beheaded for asking.)

Hush up and go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment