Tuesday, September 1, 2015

ANOTHER POLICEMAN SHOOTING!

Oh, my gosh!  Another policeman has been shot today.  Is there an end to all this violence?  When will it be enough?

Protesters recently blocked I-70.  Now, it is my understanding that a "protest" is permissible, but not when it is obstructing high-speed traffic.  Why weren't all those people immediately arrested?  I live near an interstate.  I am pretty sure that if I rounded up 30 friends and we stopped traffic there, we would all be hauled off to jail.  But because these people were protesting in the name of "black lives matter", all was overlooked.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this black lives matter movement is only serving to insert additional racial tensions into the lives of every American. And I believe that unemployed thugs are merely using this "movement" as an avenue to commit crimes and take revenge on policemen.

ALL lives matter. If your life mattered to you, you would be working at a job, and wouldn't have time to stand in the middle of an interstate and stop traffic.  I am not a racist person.  But I know some white people who are. All black people are not participating in the riots and protests. But the ones who are continue to give an appearance that is totally inhumane. Those protests and policemen shootings are either going to prompt policemen to change careers, thereby leaving a large portion of the population unprotected, or it is going to anger the policemen so that there are more shootings of suspected criminals, in the name of self-defense. 

I think the protests (which, in my town are only allowed by obtaining a permit) should be temporarily suspended.  By that, I mean the president should put a halt to all riots and protesting.  Enforced by giving permission to shoot anyone looting or rioting on sight.  Most people doing that don't think they will get caught, and if they do, there will be a long, drawn-out court case.  End it.  End it now.  When the white policeman shot a black suspect, it was racism. When a black man shot a white reporter and cameraman, we needed more gun control.  Law is law.  Fair is fair. Call it what it is.  Stop worrying about gun control and enforce the laws we have.  And punish swiftly. 

How many people, black OR white, are going to have to lose their lives before this chaos ends?

No comments:

Post a Comment